Despite being built as the supporting software for Silhouette MAchine, The Silhouette Studio can do much more than just a helping hand. Designing posters, t-shirts, and social media banners is all you can do in Silhouette Studio.
Professionals like me always recommend it for its simple background removing techniques. Silhouette Studio has different ways to remove background productively. In this article, I will discuss all the techniques about how to remove background in Silhouette Studio.
Can You Remove Background In Silhouette Studio?
Yes, you can easily remove an image’s background in Silhouette Studio. The Silhouette Studio software is a vector-based software used to cut and print images via Silhouette Machines. It has many features that allow you to edit and refine images. One of these features is background removal.
This software has different methods to remove the background. You should try them all and see what gives you the best result.
How To Remove Background In Silhouette Studio
If you’re willing to provide Background Removal Service, Silhouette Studio would be your perfect companion. Let’s discuss the techniques to remove the background of an image like a pro.
1. White Background Removal
When you open an image in Silhouette Studio, you will often notice a white background behind the subject of your picture. It is essential to remove this background before printing as the software cannot always identify the background, which results in an overlapping or design mishap. The steps for removing the white background are:
- Open the image you want to work on in the software.
- Click on the trace panel and choose the “select trace area” feature.
- Mark the area surrounding the subjects.
- Adjust the slider to trace the subjects properly.
- Trace the selected area and click on modify.
- Select crop, and your white background is removed.
2. Image Outlines
There are often instances when you open an image and notice that there is only the subject. While it seems like there is no background, clicking on the subject will show you a transparent background along the outline of the image. Let us take a look at the steps on how to remove this transparent background.
- Open the image in Silhouette Studio
- Go to the trace panel and choose ‘select trace area.’
- Adjust the sliders and trace the subject
- Choose trace and detach, then move the subject away
- The transparent background is now removed
3. Brush Tool
Last but not least, let us look at the brush tool method of background removal via Silhouette Studio. It is an efficient way of erasing the background but takes up a decent amount of time. The steps are:
- Open the image in the software
- Select the brush tool from the toolbar and click on the curved line tool.
- Zoom into the subject and outline it carefully with the help of the tool.
- Once it is perfectly outlined, click on modify and select crop.
- The area you have outlined will be cropped from the main picture, providing you with erased background.
The methods discussed above on how to remove background in Silhouette Studio are simple and can be done within seconds. However, you need to practice it more often to get the perfect precision. Besides, try all the methods and get comfortable with one that gives you the desired result.